Leprechauns return, the duration of S10 & Shannen Doherty's likeness

ComicFrontline had a Zenescope LIVE E-Panel yesterday. Pat Shand answered some Charmed related questions in it.

Leprechauns will return:

• "There are leprechauns in Charmed Season 10 #3 so if any Charmed fans are watching this and I'm sure you guys are because you are ravenously consuming details about the series then there are leprechauns in an issue called Magically Malicious."

On if there is going to be a crossover between Charmed and Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales:

• "It’s definitely going to stay in its own universe. There is no chance for a crossover whatsoever there. We are lucky enough to get even season 10. Season 9 lasted 24 issues which is longer than any of our books besides Grimm itself and Wonderland so to be able to do Season 10 for at least 24 more issues is… we’re stoked to be able to do that. So i think that's probably as far as we're going to go with Charmed for now."

On how overwhelming writing for Charmed that has a big following is:

• "I was very prepared for it. I got the gig to write Charmed before I even got the gig to write Robyn Hood. It’s been in the works for 2 and a half years. Paul Ruditis who actually wrote Season 9 and is editing Season 10 with me told me what to be prepared for, you know, when to get the bulletproof vest out and stuff. I’ve been very prepared for it. It’s just kind of awesome to see how much people care that the very day I’m announced someone’s like: “Are we getting Prue and Cole together, are we?" It’s like "Season 10 is happening, yay!" It's like "I want this now, give it to me". That intensity is just so awesome, that people care that much that I’ll be writing something that people will hear through and then write a wiki about is just fascinating and I love it so I'm so ready."

On if there is a legal reason why Zenescope did not use Shannen's likeness for Prue:

• "There could not be a bigger legal reason than there is. It’s never going to happen. We just can’t do it."
  • "It’s very cool to have the drama of their sister being in a very different body, looks nothing like her, they have to deal with the idea that this is their sister even though it looks like nothing like her... But, however, if we could get her in Shannen Doherty’s body I’d be down with that issue 1 but if we publish this series until I die it would still never happen."

You can watch the whole panel at ComicFrontline's youtube page: Zenescope LIVE E-Panel #1

p3nathan (Saturday, 24 May 2014 21:38)

Haha I figured it'd be leprechauns. Wonder if we'll get some nasty leprechauns... dunno why, but I like the idea of mean ones :P

I'm not a fan of crossovers personally (unless it's a spinoff) and I've never read Grimm Fairytales, so that's fine by me.

I love how excited Pat is about it, it instills a lot of confidence, along with the fact that it's been in the works for so long. I think this'll be a really great season. And glad it's going to be another full length run.

I figured as much with Shannen. Personally, I'm over it. I like the direction they've gone, and I'd rather we kept moving forward. It is what it is.

Getting more and more revved up for season 10 :)

StoryGirl83 (Sunday, 25 May 2014 01:50)

I figured there would be leprechauns based off the title, but that's interesting that he mentions issue #3. I think that means we will have them in two issues (#2 and #3) unless Magically Malicious is now issue #3's title.

Much as I find Grimm Fairy Tales interesting (I hope I do, I've read so many of them now), I hope that they never do a crossover. It would cause too many problems. Charmed would not fit in the Grimm Universe and Grimm Fairy Tales would not fit in the Charmed universe. It would read like a bad fanfic.

I think that wiki comment might be directed at me since I mentioned I have wikis for both Charmed and Robyn Hood (and I'm pretty sure I'm about to give Godstorm, another of his series for Zenescope, its own wiki with as many issues as it's been getting lately) to him a few days ago.

Around the first few days after it was announced I gave him a "short" list of things I'd like to see in season ten (he asked the open ended question of twitter). After I finished I told him it was the short list and told him he should have seen the one I tweeted to Paul. Paul told him to watch me, because I know everything. It was very amusing to me. I loved it.

At this point I wish people would quit asking about Shannen's likeness. They have told us and they have told us that it's not going to happen. I'm not happy about it, because I'd like at least the potential for flashbacks and such, but it would be easier if people would quit asking. At least we have Prue. That's just absolutely awesome. She's my favorite Charmed One (even if she's not Charmed any more), so I'm happy to have her back. Now if only we could get my favorite character to make more than a flashback appearance.

Thanks for the update, Kostas.

kie (Sunday, 25 May 2014 02:52)

If getting Shannon's likeness isn't the reason why it has taken so long for season 10 then what was it? At this point Im hoping Prue will be put back in her body they can just draw a character that doesn't look like Shannon just as long as the character has dark hair. I wouldn't be bothered if the character looked like the actress that replaced Shannon on 90210 since rumors were saying that's what they were planning to do with charmed but Tiffany was cast on a new show. I'm glad the comic is back I'm still hoping for a motion comic for the charmed comic it probably won't happen but who knows. I know it doesn't sound like I'm happy that the comic is back but I am happy, I just hate how secretive they been when ever there is a problem with the comic book( as in issues in season9 not being released when they were scheduled to and why it will be two years by the time we get issue one of season10 :-(

p3nathan (Sunday, 25 May 2014 21:48)

In regards to ShanDo, all I know is, I'm pleased to have Prue back at all. Without the rights to use Shannen's likeness, it would've been far easier just to ignore the issue like they did for 5 years in the show... but they didn't. They knew how much fans wanted Prue's absence explained in universe and a reason for why mom, Grams and whoever else could come down, but Prue was the exception. They gave us that and gave us Prue, despite the legal issues which are in no way the fault of the writers.

So it does bug me a bit when people are like "Can't believe you're not giving us Shannen, I'm not reading the comics!"... but hey, free country. If not drawing Shannen's face put's people off a whole season, I guess that's their choice.

As far as I'm concerned, it didn't stop me watching the show for 5 years; so it won't stop me reading the issues. If Charmed season 9 and 10 had been on TV, Shannen definitely wouldn't have been in it... but I doubt that would've stopped people watching it.

charmedcomicfan10 (Sunday, 25 May 2014 22:37)

Not having Prue look like S1-3 Prue is not something that we should be disappointed about at this point. Would we prefer Prue to look like Shannen? Yes! but we know for 2+ years now that Shannen's likeness can't be in the comics and the comic stories have followed the "Prue in another body" storyline because that is the absolute best they could do with the character of Prue. So, i agree with P3nathan. They could decide not to use Prue at all back in S9 but they did and i am very happy they did. The reason i posted what Pat says about Prue is because he explains it very well. He'd be 100% down to have Prue look like ShanDo if he had the chance but they simply can't.

charmedcomicfan10 (Sunday, 25 May 2014 22:38)

Now let's talk about leprechauns!! :P:P

StoryGirl83 (Monday, 26 May 2014 06:23)

Well, they are more interesting than some of the other magical creatures that showed up on the show. Still they bring us into shaky ground as far as I'm concerned. It will depend heavily on how Pat handles them. I believe he has the talent to make me glad they are there, so I look forward to seeing what he does.

p3nathan (Monday, 26 May 2014 14:42)

Agreed.
    Of all the fairy tale/lighter stuff introduced in season 5, I probably enjoyed them the most.
    Paige might need a draw for all her shillelaghs.

Anna (Monday, 26 May 2014 15:04)

Well the issue with Shannen's likeness may have nothing to do with shannen herself, she has said nobody approached her about it. So whatever it is who knows.

Anyways does it really matter, its a comic book. Half the time comic characters wont truly look literally like the actors. Does it matter? They could just have Patience dye her hair and style it like season 1-3 Prue. That doesn't bother me anymore, we got Prue back thats the main thing. I'm over it now, and just happy to see where her character goes from here.

I'm not a big fan of the lighter/fairy tale stuff, as was alot of fans. But I think I can handle them more in the comics, and leprechauns wont be so bad in a comic book compared to a tv episode I reckon.

Pat Shand (Tuesday, 27 May 2014 08:20)

First time caller.

As for the leprechauns, they're not going to be a major plot point. Just a fun single issue subplot. The tone, overall, will be darker -- a la seasons 3, 4, kinda/some of 6. You won't have to worry about the sisters being turned into dogs or whatever. It feels, at this point anyway, like a natural balance between what the show was, what it became, and what it could be. We'll see!

p3nathan (Wednesday, 28 May 2014 14:52)

That sounds perfect to me. The tone of season 3 was spot on for me, balancing the dark with the lighter stuff.
    So looking forward to this new season :)

Nehneh (Sunday, 29 March 2015 18:26)

Hey guys! How about checking how much it could cost Zenescope (In a worst case scenario) to be sued by Shannen on the use of her likeness, then starting a fundraising thing on line to cover for this cost?

Cara Mengobati Impotensi Secara Herbal (Monday, 08 August 2016 11:22)

continue to work and make as many articles for others to read and benefit from it. thank you

Obat Penyakit Multiple Myeloma (Wednesday, 19 October 2016 08:53)

verry Good

ramuan paling ampuh penyakit multiple myeloma (Tuesday, 25 October 2016 03:58)

thanks i understand

Cara mengobati Oligospermia secara Herbal (Friday, 11 November 2016 03:35)

thank u so much admin and sorry permission share :)

psychic readings (Monday, 14 November 2016 10:53)

journals

seks przez telefon (Monday, 14 November 2016 17:05)

infused

sex linia (Monday, 14 November 2016 19:06)

long

Liebekummer Hilfe (Tuesday, 15 November 2016 16:37)

opining

portal erotyczny (Wednesday, 16 November 2016 16:02)

imagistka

czary miłosne (Thursday, 17 November 2016 14:13)

jodówka

anonse erotyczne (Thursday, 17 November 2016 21:57)

Jaśniewski

sextelefon (Tuesday, 29 November 2016 23:57)

Grzymkowski

Obat kutil kelamin herbal (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 22:26)

Amazing concept! It makes so much sense! I can't wait to table this and get feedback. This might just turn our office around…

wróżka (Monday, 05 December 2016 16:45)

Medardowy

sex telefony (Tuesday, 17 January 2017 01:27)

pieński