Tumblr & Twitter Answers #4

Tumblr

--------------

Anonymous asked: Hi Pat! I'm so exited for Charmed Season 10!! And I have lot of questions.. Just like: will we learn more about Cole's family? Will see more of Tyler? Penny and Patty know about Prue's new life?

• Pat Shand: Let's see. Yes, probs, yes. X

Anonymous asked: Which is your favorite Charmed power?

• Pat Shand: Before I began scripting, I would’ve said Piper’s molecular immobilization/combustion… or maybe even a demonic fireball. However, after writing #1, the answer is and always will be orbing. Orbing is the coolest. X

Anonymous asked: Hi Pat, how does Charmed cupids know so much about people they have just met, are they both empathic and telepathic or does the ring act as a informational source?

• Pat Shand: I think that’s a great question, but I’m not gonna answer it or general mythology questions like that. There have already been occasions where a pre-existing but unexplained part of the mythology has helped when I thought up a use for it, so I’ll keep this one nice and open! X

Anonymous asked: Hello Pat, is it in your plans to use Charon the soul collector? she sounds so promising that it's a shame the writers never used her for a bigger story arc :(

• Pat Shand: Nah, that’s dipping a bit beyond the confines of relevance, I think. There are far too many other characters I want to include that I think are more interesting. X

Anonymous asked: Hi, I've a little question about charmed season 10: are we get to know something more Phoebe's third child? ps, sorry for my english but i'm a belgian fan :)

• Pat Shand: Nope, not in the plan. X

Anonymous asked: Totally hypothetical... if you were to write a story about one of the Halliwell's relatives/ancestors: Patty, Grams, Melinda etc. Who's story would you be most interested in delving into?

• Pat Shand: Hm… I think Grams is probably one of the most unexplored characters. I say that because she’s often mean, almost to the point of being cruel, and that’s never really addressed, much less delved into. There have been many, many times where I’ve questioned her motives. X

Twitter

--------------

What, no, writing the end of Charmed #3 made YOU cry. X

are we to prepare for incoming feels?

Not in the way I think anyone is expecting -- LEAST OF ALL ME -- but mabes.

I was wondering ...Will Patience look the same as we left her in S9? X No. She'll have different tattoos on her arm.

AaRoN_89 (Wednesday, 27 August 2014 17:38)

It´s ironic, because I've also written plots about Charmed and one of them is about Penny's past and childhood, and what events triggered her to have the personality she had. There is much experimental vacuum about the past that would enrich the present of the history, as the scripts developed until the fourth season that then they put aside. On the other hand, the hippie episode where it explains the transformation of Penny, never convinced me. It would be interesting to read.

p3nathan (Wednesday, 27 August 2014 17:48)

Yeah I'd also like to know more about how Grams became the way she did. Witchstock didn't really enlighten me on much in that respect. Sure we saw that losing her husband made her a demon fighter, but not where all the feelings about men came from.
    They had that throwaway line: "I'll probably end up hating men for the rest of my life!" Which made no sense to me at all. Why would your husband being murdered make you hate men? And seeing how much she loved Allen just made all the man-hate stuff even harder to understand.

AaRoN_89 (Wednesday, 27 August 2014 18:12)

Exactly, with that last sentence, it is as if they wanted to fit the deep reasons of the character in one episode. Such a strong personality, she shared with Prue, is not something that happens automatically, but it has deep roots from deep experiences. She could not be a flower power and automatically be the person she was. Being a pillar character, matriarchal and let's call it, leader of a coven of witches family, this should be a place won with motif background. Her strength and power to protect her granddaughters comes from her emotions and her emotional strength must come from experiences that make her acquire and pull out that strength. So I wrote about her since childhood. But if we think about it, how her character has evolved, the root of her hatred of males had to come from her experience with her ​​late husband. Why she loses all her husbands? Maybe a curse? I don´t know... only that she is a great character and deserves a decent story that explains her intricacies. My humble opinion. Regards.

Julie (Thursday, 28 August 2014 05:11)

Maybe it started with her relationship with the Necromancer Demon Armand. They both truly loved each other until he betrayed her, which caused her to vanquish him.

cyma (Friday, 29 August 2014 15:42)

@AaRoN_89: "It´s ironic, because I've also written plots about Charmed and one of them is about Penny's past and childhood, and what events triggered her to have the personality she had."

Could you provide a link to the story? :-)

AaRoN_89 (Sunday, 07 September 2014 22:14)

I now come to realize this response lol, sorry cyma.
    My native language is Spanish and I wrote some frames in this language. Anyway, I am aware that the fans, you would kill me if you read it, because what I really created was a spin off of the show and there are unexpected twists in the story. Turns as unpredictable as important, and that may not like to those who love the series as it ended.

However, without going into details, I tell you that the story I wrote about Penny's childhood develops during the second world war.
    I always wondered how the witches would face this period of social crisis and how they would survive and I got a chance to describe here.

Regards cyma and thanks for your interest. :)