Volume 2 Titles + Charmed #4 Solicit

Pat made a Tumblr post about the Charmed Season 10 #4 Summary and the titles for the upcoming issues of Season 10 Volume 2. You can read Pat's full post in this link X

• You guys are tripping. Hard.

Okay, so here’s what was posted:

There’s been talk that this solicit is fake, we wouldn’t have written it, etc etc. Someone said that “Charmed Assault” is a fake title because I said the title of #4 would be a spoiler.

All wrong. Never said that.

The title of the fifth issue is a spoiler. The only reason I didn’t tell you guys the name of the fourth issue was because I thought I already did. Here’s the shape of things to come:

CHARMED: SEASON TEN VOLUME ONE

1 - No Country for Old Ones

2 - Magically Malicious

3 - The Perks of Being a Whitelighter

4 - Charmed Assault

5 - Not sayin’.

6 - Will o’ the Witch

CHARMED: SEASON TEN VOL TWO

7 - Hard Knox Life

8 - Love is a Burning Thing

9 - Haste Makes Wasteland

10 - The Curious Case of… eh, not sayin’

11/12 - Still working these out

So there are all the titles.

Now, the solicit? Is it fake? Eh, yes and no. I wrote it, but Zenescope didn’t know what “Phole” or “shipper” meant, and assumed that no one else did either. They changed the solicit to this:

That is the real, official solicit. However, I’m glad you guys saw the first version, because it did exactly what I wanted. It got you guys talking, and it reflects the issue in a better way. I don’t really know what the final sentence of the real solicit is supposed to mean there, to be honest.

The intention was to get you talking, to get you excited, even scared. And it worked! Someone said that if I get Phoebe together with Cole, she will “fucking sabotage the comics FOREVER.”

Which I think is an awesome and hilarious threat.

But anyway, it’s a solict. Read into it what you will. They’re designed to get this exact kind of conversation going.

- Pat “FUCKING SABOTAGE ME FOREVZ” Shand

Comments: 18 (Discussion closed)

Britany (Thursday, 23 October 2014 01:15)

I do have a quick question about the logo on the comics, why doesn't the comic books feature the trihorn like the logo for the show? It bothers me every time I look at the logo. Not to be too picky, I'm just wondering if it was a choice to be left out or if it was forgotten. Thanks for the amazing comics otherwise!(:

Julie (Thursday, 23 October 2014 18:48)

You mean the Triquetra logo?

LeoVzla (Thursday, 23 October 2014 20:34)

No, the trihorn is another symbol of the show, is above "Charmed" you can see it on the DVD cover (Julie)

Pavel Ana (Thursday, 23 October 2014 22:04)

I am amazed. What is he talking about? Someone a girl here said
    that if he gets Prue together with Cole,she will “fucking sabotage
    the comics FOREVER.” Her name is Marina if he is talking about a
    comment that is here I suggest him to read better. And seriously
    is he joking? Zenescope didn’t know what “Phole” or “shipper”
    meant, and assumed that no one else did either. Do they really
    want us to believe that? What shall I understand that they use
    words without really knowing what they mean.

p3nathan (Friday, 24 October 2014 00:52)

What are you so angry about?

StoryGirl83 (Friday, 24 October 2014 03:29)

@Pavel Ana - I too am baffled by the idea that no one at Zenescope (involved with solicitations anyway) other than Pat, knew what shipping was. I can buy that maybe they didn't know what Phole was. I've never heard Balie/Candon (Calie and Brandon of Wonderland), Sack/Sarren/Jala/Warla (Sela and Jack/Warren of Grimm Fairy Tales), Nendy/Wan (Nathan and Wendy of Neverland), Serik/Ela (Sela and Erik of Grimm Fairy Tales), Banna/Anden (Anna and Braden of Salem's Daughter who are not a couple, but definitely shippable), Samton/Ashlia (Ashton and Samelia of Sinbad), Sinlyn/Jocebad (Sinbad and Jocelyn of Sinbad) or any other such thing from any of Zenescope's comics. Every set of characters listed is either a couple or shipable. All ship names are made up on the spot.

As to using words they didn't understand, I think one of few things happened. One option is they trusted Pat (and honestly, I don't see a problem with the original solicit) and decided they didn't like the result of the solicit once they understood it (or CBS saw it a little late and didn't think it was prophesional enough or some other such nonsense). Another option is that they thought it was funny, but I don't have any reason to doubt Pat on this, so I doubt that was the case.

Based off Pat's wording though, I think someone at Zenescope read the solicit that Pat wrote and said "what's Phole?" and thus decided that the solicit had to be altered. It wasn't that the original was the original approved by Zenescope and then changed shortly after. I think the original was the original rejected by Zenescope and slipped in by someone as a placeholder or something.

As for Marina, I read it as she this was going to ruin the comics for her forever, which is a bit extreme, but if that's she feels, okay. Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about Prue and Cole, but frankly I'm at a loss as to what that has to do with the solicit, either the first one or the second. As was mentioned elsewhere, Prue's not mentioned in the solicit.

PatShand (Friday, 24 October 2014 03:54)

Hey guys! There was absolutely no controversy behind the changing of the solicit. There's also no reason for anyone to lie about it. I don't even get that. What would be the upside about lying about a solicit? Silly.

Basically, Ralph called me, told me he didn't know what Phole meant and didn't think "shippers" was a recognizable term outside of the already existing fandom. I explained it, and they opted to change it for the final print PREVIEWS ad, but my original version had already been sent for the digital one. Really nothing exiting or odd there!

GCforCodence (Friday, 24 October 2014 06:47)

You know I like Codence better for Cole/Prue, Prole is...meh. Anyways...so is Prue gonna finally get her own cover for Five. That's what I want to know, don't really care what the title is, lol.

GC (Friday, 24 October 2014 06:55)

Ehh my bad, Pat answered that already.

The title for five is "Life, Death, and a wedding?" Aka the epic love story of Prue and Cole. *evil laughter*

charmedcomicfan10 (Friday, 24 October 2014 10:40)

@GCfor Codence The cover will feature all the charmed ones from what Pat has said

StoryGirl83 (Friday, 24 October 2014 15:35)

On the topic of covers, I wonder if Knox is going to be on the cover of "Hard Knox Life". Comic original characters don't get on their too often . . . have they ever, so I think it would be cool if he did.

p3nathan (Friday, 24 October 2014 15:46)

The only one I can think of was Rennek in The Darklight Zone cover. Yeah it would be cool to see some more comic exclusive characters drawn my David Seidman.
    Also happy that Knox will be making a come back, because I'm interested to learn more about his academy and how it differs from Magic School.

paul (Friday, 24 October 2014 20:43)

will the volumes be of better quality than the last two were? volume one and two of season nine were nice, thick and bulky but the other two were just glorified comics with a shiny cover, not what we want for a trade collection

charmedcomicfan10 (Friday, 24 October 2014)

@storygirl83 I too would like covers with comic original characters.
    Wanted a Neena cover so bad during S9.

Pavel Ana (Friday, 24 October 2014 22:43)

p3nathan I am not angry I just did not understand and I simply
    said what I don't understand. I never ever suggested that they
    don't tell the truth I was just surprised that they did not know
    what ,,shipper" meant and the fact that they did not read very
    well Marina's message that is all. I am sorry if something else
    was understood from my message.

Selena (Saturday, 25 October 2014 03:17)

Putting Prue with Cole is a huge move, and it may not work. Then again I always found Prue and Cole had the better chemistry. If only Prue had been given the Cole story in season 3, then nobody would complain. I'd find it way more interesting for the older sister to put in the position Phoebe was in, and it could of been interesting. Then again I doubt it would of kept Prue alive after season 3 anyways, unless Prue being linked to a love interest would prompt them to remove Phoebe instead, since Prue is too tied with storylines.

Julie (Monday, 27 October 2014 13:33)

The only reason why Prue and Cole had some chemistry was because Julian and Shannon were dating around this time plus Shannon did the directing on "The Good the Bad and the Cursed" so she probably made those scenes intense. Alyssa and Julian seemed to have pretty good chemistry on screen as well even though they never dated in real life.

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:03)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY II Prue Halliwell