Latest from Social Media #8

Tumblr

--------------

Anonymous asked: Hi Pat, you probably know that Elise is a very fan favorite character on Charmed and I was wondering if you're going to continue the fantastic job Paul did last season with her, and generally are we going to see more The Bay Mirror and Phoebe's work (even if she's actually touring for her book) environment? And just for you to know, we can't wait issue 2 after the amazing season premiere you wrote! thanks ;)

• Pat Shand: I’m so glad you liked the first issue. I’m definitely going to use Elise. I didn’t know she was a fan favorite, though! When I’m plotting, I try to think of what’s best for the story and completely divorce myself from what I’ve seen people saying they want to see, who they like best, etc etc. I’m glad you guys like her, though, because I do too. X

Anonymous asked: Hi Pat, I loved the first issue of Charmed Season 10. It was very promising for the rest of the season. I have a question though, when Piper was on the phone with Prue, she mentioned Paige having students... This was a little confusing to me. Did you mean Whitelighter charges or is Paige back at Magic School?

• Pat Shand: Piper was talking about Paige’s charges as a Whitelighter. Paige is currently full-timing as a Whitelighter, and is teacher her charges both on an individual basis (which you’ll see in #3) and as a group of students (which you’ll see later). X

Anonymous asked: Hi Pat! Are you planning writing a bonus story for the first volume of Charmed's season 10 like Paul did for the first one of season 9?

• Pat Shand: I was thinking about asking Zenescope if I could do a prose story in the back. There won’t be a short comic though. X

Anonymous asked: In season 9 Piper began learning that she could use her molecular magic for more things than freezing and exploding. Will the versatility of her powers continue to develop in season 10?

• Pat Shand: Yes, but it won’t be a focus. X

Twitter

--------------

Pat Shand: Last night, I saw Elisa's first few layouts for Charmed #4. Lovely work. It's probably the most romantic scene I've ever written. X

Pat Shand: I have to say, I hate the idea of any sort of spoilers, but seeing the Darryl speculation is making me a litttttle uncomfortable. It would be boundlessly offensive if I brought Darryl back into the fold just to kill him two issues later. Darryl is the only lead POC in Charmed -- so far, that is -- and it would be such a daft move to fridge him just to make the leads sad. Darryl deserves better than that. X X X X

Pat Shand: I take "soul" as a synonym for spirit/essence when spoken this way, but that probably isn't quite fair to fans given the Cole example. Cole, as a half-demon, "the demon with the soul," is the exception to the rule, so it IS true that demons in the Charmed mythos must be soulless. What Murray means is that the Athame destroys the spirit/essence/spark/soul/lifeforce that makes a sentient being more than a dead body. Considering changing it to "essence" or "life-force" for the trade, though. Thoughts, Charmed fans? X

• Pat Shand: Great question, . The answer is an emphatic "no." The whole point of the Ancient Athame is that gone = gone. Anyone killed by the Athame is truly gone.

Uhm, Cole does have a soul, doesn't he?

• Pat Shand: He does, yes. X

Excellent use of the leprechauns! And more importantly YES, for Cole's secret! That needed to be addressed so much.

• Pat Shand: It's a major, major part of the season!

DeviantART

--------------

Elisa Feliz: A page from "Charmed" season 10, issue 02. Published by Zenescope Entertainment. Based on the tv show by CBS. Pencils by me and colors by Valentina Cuomo. X

Elisa Feliz: A page from "Charmed" season 10, issue 02. Published by Zenescope Entertainment. Based on the tv show by CBS. X
Elisa Feliz: A double Page Spread from "Charmed" season 10, issue 03. Published by Zenescope Entertainment. Based on the tv show by CBS. Pencils by me and colors by Valentina Cuomo. X

chloefan03 (Monday, 10 November 2014 06:12)

amazing news for Elise, i love her so much, and Paul did an amazing job with her during season 9 so i'm pretty excited :)

Joeknu (Monday, 10 November 2014 22:40)

I honestly think he's going to kill prue again... Patience's last name hasn't been mentioned. And it would be the last person anyone would assume he would try to kill. She was better off dead in my opinion. Idk how you would go about killing her since she's part of the all but if you do, I'll break out the party decorations and throw a party. (Sorry I am not a very big prue fan..)

Henry (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 09:57)

I'm sorry for you (but not for me because I love Prue and her new life is so intriguing) but -like Pat said- Season 10 is the story of the FOUR Halliwell sisters.. So I don't think Prue is going to die.. Not in this story arc, at least!

Niklaus (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 10:59)

I'd like some Billie in this season... we can see her in the series finale, so she should be part of halliwell' story

chloefan03 (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 12:11)

i'm not saying it badly, but i really don't understand how someone can be a fan of this show, going as far as reading comics, and at the ssme time ask the death of one the sister. I never understood that, this show is about their relationship and personally all i want is for each sister to be happy at the very end, and i don't think that Prue's death would bring peace and happiness to them.It's pretty sad to think that way, especially when Prue is not a bad character or an evil entity.

Miia (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:16)

I bet without the comics Prue would have still her happy ending in after life together with her big love Andy. And she would be the good protecting ghost for her sisters and would watch them all the time, till they visit her in the end...
    This sounds a lot happier than the actual situation. xD

p3nathan (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30)

So if someone did die and Darryl is ruled out... who's left. For the minute, let's just forget whatever letter can be seen on the grave stone.

I'll assume the Charmed Ones are safe and I'm going to go ahead and assume Prue's safe, simply because with everything they went through to bring her back in season 9, killing her off again so early in season 10 seems a little ridiculous to me.

I also think we can count Cole out since Pat said about issue 5 that focusing too much on Cole would be "inappropriate". Surely if Cole was being killed off, focusing on him would be totally appropriate.

So, who else? Out of characters that are present now, we have Henry, Coop and Leo. I personally think killing Leo again would be far too repetitive at this point, even if this one is permanent. So that leaves Henry and Coop.

Of course there's the possibility of another character coming back. Tyler for example... but I dunno, I could be wrong, but I kind of get the impression that this arc will focus mostly on the main cast rather than bringing in many outside allies. However we know it's not Elise or Knox, since we have an issue with Knox's name later on and Elise is said to be in later issues. Pat also said there were no plans for Billie to return.

If Pat was to kill off Henry or Coop, I'd be interested to know what that means for the flash forward.

pruefan4life (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:45)

I honestly think it's Melinda Warren whose soul is destroyed. Nothing can be more dramatic than the originator of the Charmed prophecy being the casualty.

And the cover doesn't have to be literal. It can be symbolic.

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 16:31)

Im just going to ignore @joeknu post. Because it's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. I'm not a fan of paiges but i wouldn't wish death on her. Charmed is about four sisters who are witches. Not four witches who are sisters, so wishing a main character dead is just upsurd. Their bond as sisters is the basis of the show. Im w/ @chloefan03 on this. Let's just ignore the ignorance. That poster is NOT a true fan of charmed... the show nor the comic which makes their post irrelevant to all of us who is passionate about the show and the characters. And yes @henry, prue is not dying period... and i also agree w/ @p3nathan... whether @joeku likes it or not, prue is still a major character in this series...

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 17:00)

@pruefan4life... you might be onto something but i wouldn't go that far. But that raises a question if it is, if her soul is destroyed, does that affect the sisters and the prophecy?

StoryGirl83 (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 17:38)

@p3nathan - if you'll note Pat's response to me, Cole's quest that we learn of in issue #2 is a major part of the season, so I think it's safe to assume he'll be around for most if not all of the season. Likewise, Coop does have to be around for the birth of his and Phoebe's youngest. Henry also has to be around until their kids are lower elementary school, so I'd say both are safe from this. They could be killed, but they'd have to be brought back.

@All - Pat said that the cover and the summary of issue five were not spoilerish of the story, only the title was spoilerish, so I'm not what that means for the cover. Seeing as there is a gravestone, I'd think it would have the name of someone dead, but that's all it is, it has the name of someone dead, but not the person who presumably gets knifed.

@pruefan4life - That would be depressing, but I could see that making sense, so I'd say that's a possibility.

Miia (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 19:59)

Wuow no overreacting here!
    Even when there's someone who don't like the idea of bringing back Prue, that's no reason to entitle the person as "NOT a true fan of charmed".
    There is no definition for true fans in any way.

Bigbear (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 20:38)

How about Victor? He's minor enough character that Pat would be free to kill without contradicting what we know about the future and important enough to have a real effect on the sisters's life.

marc (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 20:45)

I think it could be coles dad, his soul cole is focusing on atm and theres a knife that destroys souls

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 20:57)

It's not overreacting @mila... the comment was totally unnecessary and had the poster been a "true" fan of the show, they would know that prue is as important to the show as the other characters. I feel like prue is the only character that haven't had it so easy and some of us fans are passionate about her... what i wanted the poster to realize is that this show was built on their bond as sisters so them not liking prue is none of our business but they haven't stopped to think after all the years that prue was dead, it affected both piper and phoebe esp since demons used it as a way to taunt them. So if they want to celebrate, they better celebrate the fact she's alive and kicking and ain't going nowhere!!! (*toasts to that*)

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 11 November 2014 21:02)

I don't think so @bigbear... victor still doesn't know that prue is back! I would like to see how he reacts to his eldest daughter being alive. But what i am thankful for is pat bringing the focus back on a story the show should have continued. I look forward to finding out more on cole, his mother, and the reason she got married to his father.

Clarklo (Wednesday, 12 November 2014 06:37)

Honestly if it was a good idea to bring prue back in any form they would have done so on the actual tv series. I'm just upset about the fact she doesn't have Shannon's likeness. If you are a "true" fan of the series you would accept everyone's views and not overreact to someone wanting prue gone. But honestly if you're going to let something like that make you mad @pruesthebest then let it but don't try to put someone down because they don't like a character. Everyone has at least one character in every show/comic they don't like. So putting down @joeknu for having that thought is un respectful in every way. So take the bullying from the "true fan" and just quit putting him down because of this prue stuff.

Janet (Thursday, 13 November 2014 04:43)

Well at least the storylines in the comics are way way better than a majority of post season 5 episodes. They make an effort to do things fan want.

Season 9 is better than season 8 for sure.

pruesthebest (Thursday, 13 November 2014 16:55)

@clarklo... that is fine but i was just saying prue is as important as the other sisters. You are taking everything i said out of context because i was not bullying or am i mad @joeku. And as a fan, what i saw was this person @joeku forgetting the basis of the show and what i was doing is reminding them why it's important. I call that defending the show and the characters and i believe i explained that.

pruesthebest (Thursday, 13 November 2014 17:00)

It sure kept me hooked @janet. I feel like they are tying the loose ends up. You know? It was really unfair to write a story and drop it as soon as season four began. I honestly thought the cole storyline was going far but they disappointed the fans...

pruesthebest (Thursday, 13 November 2014 17:17)

If you looked at any of the comiccon videos @clarklo you would know why her likeness is not being used. So there's no reason to be upset over anything that you, yourself, can not control. Just accept it as it is. I have because i heard it from the horses mouth. And it was also explained by shannen that they were bringing prue back in the show but she said it wasn't coming from a genuine place so she declined. Which is why we got billie instead.

Bigbear (Sunday, 16 November 2014 13:47)

@pruesthebest: Billie was not Prue's replacement. She was introduced because the WB new Holly, Rose and Alyssa would never be back for a ninth season, so they asked Brad to introduce a new, fresh set of characters (Billie and Christy) that could take over for the sisters had the show be renewed. Bringing Prue back in season 8 was never the plan.

p3nathan (Sunday, 16 November 2014 19:40)

I think she was just meant to make an appearance in the finale. Never come back as a regular. But supposedly Shannen didn't think what they wanted to do was authentic or true to the character. I'm very curious to know what they had actually planned.

Bigbear (Wednesday, 19 November 2014 01:09)

Yeah I remember reading something like that but I guess someone lied, because I also remember Brad Kern clearly saying in an interview that while bringing Prue back in the series finale would've been great, HE ultimately decided against it because it would've put the focus on her return and away from the other characters.

Sooo.. whose version do we trust? The actress that was so bitter she refused to even let the show use her image, or the incompetent showrunner that ruined the show with the most stupid, offensive and repetitive storyline ever seen in tv?

pruesthebest (Sunday, 23 November 2014 04:31)

Thank you @p3nathan... that's what i was trying to say. Sorry for the confusion @bigbear.

how to get more followers on soundcloud (Saturday, 31 January 2015 06:22)

I am confident you've got a great enthusiast following there.