Season Finale Title - Charmed #23/#24

Answering an ask on Tumblr, Pat Shand revealed the title for the 2 parter season finale of Charmed Season 10:

Anonymous asked: Hi! While I still can't tell if I hate you for killing Cole or absolutely love you for the hero's death you gave him, I was wondering if you could maybe share with us a few more titles! So far I think you shared them up until issue #10.. pretty please? Charmed S10 has been breathtaking so far, THANK YOU!

• #10 is pretty far off! It’ll be a good while before I can share further. Except that the season (series?) finale is titled “The Reason,” parts one and two. ;)

Mihai (Sunday, 01 February 2015)

Well I hate him for sure for killing Cole and I think many people feel the same. Maybe we will understand the reason why he had to do that. Me personally I don't understand why you kill a character which most people like. Why didn't he kill Coop? And now that he pissed off most people will at least the charmed ones find out that Cole became the Source to save them. It would be fair in my opinion.

p3nathan (Monday, 02 February 2015 00:12)

Probably because they've really only just started building Coop as a character and as it is now, few in the audience would have been all that affected by Coop dying. Also: Season 8 flash forward.

I'm 99% sure Cole's death will impact on lots of stuff since the next issue is supposedly dedicated to him. That's not a pointless character death.

There are many reasons to kill a character people like. It takes a story and characters in new directions for one. Think Tara in Buffy, people liked her and were upset she died, but then the season 6 finale wouldn't have happened without it... nor would Willow's rampage. Or Fred in Angel, again sad, but then came Illyria that brought new stories and new things for the characters to deal with. The audience are empathetic with these characters because they felt the loss too as viewers.

Also, only killing characters that people don't like means that there are no stakes and will also probably end up unrealistic. Good people die, it's sad but true.

And let's be honest here, there was no hint of Cole coming back after season 5. I doubt many people stopped watching the show. At least this time he actually has people grieving for him instead of how it was left in season 5, i.e: nobody caring.

@LeoVzlaP3 (Monday, 02 February 2015 04:48)

Am I the only one that got a little sad and awful when I read "season (series?) Finale"? Because I'm still getting in the excitement of having Charmed again even if its on comics, to end so far...

Leslie (Monday, 02 February 2015 15:13)

Me too, I think they said season (series?) final as they may be too sure if its getting a season 11.

Hmm the title saying The Reason, all I think of is the saying everything happens for a reason.

I got a bad feeling, Prue will die or will go back to the afterlife by the end of season 10. I hope she wont, but its just a feeling.

p3nathan (Monday, 02 February 2015 15:39)

I think Pat is just being very careful with what he says after what happened with Zenescope announcing season 10 before it was a sure thing. I doubt we'll know anything about whether Charmed continues beyond 10 or not any time soon.

I'd rather it had a good ending sooner than an underwhelming one later. All depends on who's writing for me. Just glad we've still 20 issues with Pat.

Bigbear (Monday, 02 February 2015 15:41)

I'm ok with Prue passing.. If dying really was her destiny, she should move on. Bu the again, maybe dying wasn't really her destiny.. maybe we'll finally find out if there's a reason for Prue dying when she wasn't meant to.

Stan (Monday, 02 February 2015 19:16)

I am also furious that he killed Cole. Coop to evolve that would be interesting it seems to me that whatever they would do to that character can't make him interesting or likable. It would take a powerful spell.

Julie (Monday, 02 February 2015 21:08)

Coop will never evolve or ever be interesting he's just eye candy nothing more.

p3nathan (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 13:52)

Oh Julie, give the tantrum a rest. You know as much about where this comic and these characters are going as the rest of us do.

In season 8, yeah I'd agree, Coop was more eye candy than anything else... aside from someone to get Phoebe married off to. But Paul gave him way more background in season 9 and he's been far more involved in the fight against evil since then. He may not be my favourite character by a long shot, but to say he's just eye candy and nothing else at this point is just petty and untrue.

chloefan03 (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 18:11)

i'm really tired of this Coop bashing :( i really love him, i think he's really perfect for Phoebe, and much better than Cole who destroyed Phoebe's confidence in herself and in love.Phoebe from season 3 was totally different from season 1 and 2 (except during the beginning of season 3) because of him. I liked the character, but he was a poison for her. Coop loves Phoebe, he's willing to do everything for her, he is kind, has a lot of courage, and Paul's amazing work on him during season 9 let us see how supportive of her he can be. Cole is a character from the past and fans have to move on like Phoebe did. And luckily we have an amazing writer and a big fan of the character to give him the proper send off that he deserves so we should be happy instead of being always complaining.

Zoe (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 18:37)

Nobody said that he is not an amazing writer from what I am understanding here. They say that he is evil and that they are upset because he killed Cole. Obviously there are people which like Coop, I respect that but I totally dislike that character, he is boring, uninteresting, predictable, too perfect. I can't relate to him no matter how hard I try. This is the way I feel about him and yes he loves Phoebe but what has he done for Phoebe. He just got her, got married, had children. Cole yes made her go through hell and back, but he loved her much more than Coop, he gave up his demon half for her, he became the Source to save her, he helped her to find love. So see that is why i think that she should have ended with Cole not Coop. Me I am not complaining I am expressing my opinion about the fact that I am sad what he did to Cole I really hope they fix this.

Tom (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 18:54)

Zoe just remember when you're saying that Coop did nothing for Phoebe that Piper saved her sisters during Forever Charmed because of his ring...

lich (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 19:12)

It was said earlier, that whole purpose of the Ancient Athama is that the one gets killed by it, is dead pernamently. So there will be no bringing Cole back or him ending with Phoebe. Besides, he was brought back so many times it would be cliche.

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 19:27)

Yea... about that @tom. The show was supposed to be about three sisters who were witches and had a strong bond, i have always questioned why piper mourned the longest for phoebe and completely forgotten all about paige. At least w/ prue whenever her two youngest sisters were found dead, she would mourn for them both. I do understand the whole cole argument but let's all stop assuming and see what happens w/ him next. I don't think much of coop but let's give him a chance...

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 19:44)

This is so off topic but i get what you're saying @p3nathan... i was so shocked at tara dying but i feel as a fan that there wasn't enough time to CONNECT w/ her but it really did give us GREAT storylines... same w/ fred. I liked her but illyria was a total bad ass... they were actually going to do more w/ those two characters but the series wasn't renewed. The biggest shock out of that was cordelia... i still be looking at it like wtf and why??? But when unexpected changes to one of the main or supporting characters happen it gives us new storylines and build some of the under developing characters.

Lana (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 20:30)

chloefan03, I agree with everything you said. I love Coop and his relationship with Phoebe. I also love Cole, but Cole had his chance with Phoebe and he blow it.

Miia (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 20:32)

The only reason that Piper "doesn't care" about Paige when the house explodes is the fact, that Leo takes her away because of the arriving ambulance/police car.
    She finds Phoebe and cries. Than she hears noises and hopefully searches for a living Paige. Only to get shocked by a living Billie. Than bitch-fight and Leo takes Piper with him. There was no time to cry beside Paiges dead body.
    It could've be the same scene with Prue, that's nothing about "disinterest"...

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 22:40)

@miia... i see what you're saying but it looked like "disinterest" to me. Granted, im not a big fan of paige but i felt let down in a way because i wanted to see her genuinely grieving for them both as opposed to just the one.

pruesthebest (Tuesday, 03 February 2015 22:46)

It could have been the same scene w/ prue but prue has ALWAYS grieved for the both of her sisters when she found them lying unconscious... all im saying is i wanted to see this same dynamic between the surviving sisters.

Gc (Wednesday, 04 February 2015 15:49)

The whole finale ticked me off but honestly that title also gives me a bad feeling about Prue.

pruesthebest (Wednesday, 04 February 2015 17:05)

Ikr @gc??? For some reason it felt rushed... i was looking for something explosive...

Lilchi721 (Wednesday, 04 February 2015 17:43)

How come future Wyatt didn't recognize Coop in Forever Charmed until after he saw Piper give the ring back? I don't understand that, did writers leave that open to interpretation since in the flash forward we only saw up to Phoebe being pregnant with her third daughter and Coop taking her to the hospital.

pruesthebest (Wednesday, 04 February 2015 18:30)

Right!!! @lilchi721... hopefully the comics will do their best to fill us In on that. And like other posters have said, they have been doing a great job w/ these comics so far... we just have to tune in and wait and see what happens...

cyma (Thursday, 05 February 2015 09:06)

Since Rose was filming Planet Terror, there couldn't be a Piper finding Paige's body and grieving over her scene. It reminds me of how we couldn't see Prue's body after All Hell Breaks Loose due to Shannen's departure from the show. It sucks real life complications robbed us of important scenes.

Julie (Thursday, 05 February 2015 16:47)

But we did see Prues body in All Hell Breaks Lose Cyma so we didn't need to see it in Charmed Again part 1.

pruesthebest (Thursday, 05 February 2015 18:39)

Thank you @cyma: and i agree, it did rob us of important scenes... @julie: i hate reliving the horror of my favorite character meeting her demise. Prue was, and still is, the sister i relate to the most. I still can't stomach "all hell breaks loose" there were so many loopholes in that one episode alone... and i could see many different storylines beginning but due to the events that occured, those storylines wouldn't have came to surface.

sex telefony (Wednesday, 18 January 2017 00:49)

niezdumienie

love spell (Friday, 20 January 2017 14:34)

Ojrzyński